June 6, 2011

Butterfly Dress

I have a little niece who just recently celebrated her FIRST birthday (Happy Birthday Lu!!).  When I saw this Butterfly Dress on Sewing in No Mans Land- I knew that's what I wanted to make her.  The pattern is great and the tutorial easy to follow- I had a little bit of trouble with the front opening, but I'm sure next time I'll do better... I would suggest practicing on a scrap before doing it in the actual dress.  This was also the first time I'd ever used bias tape- fun to try something new!  I also copied her tutorial for this headband.  I loved the way it turned out (and if it looks huge in my picture, it was- apparently the size of my 2 1/2 year old's head is WAY bigger than a one year old girl.  Luckily too big was easy to fix).

3 comments:

ificould said...

That turned out darling, Kimi! Love it... good job!!
Missy

Clarity Adept said...

Nice work. Programa de administracion de fincas
Shuvo,
Clipping Path

Unknown said...

Excellent blog, and this article is just excellent too
Clipping Path

Related Posts with Thumbnails