April 12, 2010

No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls

Yesterday morning I made these super fast Cinnamon Rolls.  Not only were they really quick (no yeast=no rising time) but they were also really yummy.  I had two little helpers with me and we had them ready to go in the oven in about 40 minutes- I'm thinking it's probably a 20 minute process by myself.  This No Yeast Sweet Rolls recipe is courtesy of Our Best Bites.  The recipe gives an orange roll filling and glaze recipe, but I had neither an orange or orange juice yesterday so I used my favorite cinnamon filling and glaze recipe. 
Cinnamon Roll Filling:
1 stick butter at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
Mix together well and spread over rolled-out dough
Glaze:
3 Tablespoons melted butter
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2- 2 cups powdered sugar
Whisk together.

P.S.  I only had fat-free cottage cheese on hand- it totally worked

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails