May 24, 2010

Buttermilk Caramel Syrup and Pancakes

So usually for Sunday morning breakfast I kind of splurge and make something really tasty that is not really good for you (german pancakes, breakfast casserole, blueberry muffins, cinnamon rolls, etc...).  Well this Sunday morning was definitely no exception.  DELICIOUS!!  In fact, so good that I had to call a neighbor over to eat some just so I could have someone else tell me how good it was. 
Enough rambling, along with the recipes:

Our Best Bites provided the amazing recipes for the Buttermilk Caramel Syrup and the Buttermilk Pancakes.  Really, I'm sure everyone has their favorite pancake recipe (I know Missy loves the Lehi Roller Mills box, LOL) but these pancakes were so good.  Even my husband, who doesn't particularly like pancakes, gobbled them up and loved them.  That said, if you want to stick with your pancakes, at least try the syrup.  It has this caramel flavor that will make you want to stuff your belly even more full because it is that good.  We topped our pancakes with bananas and then the buttermilk syrup- honestly, to die for.  Go ahead and splurge on a breakfast this week, you deserve it.

One hint:  I always use an electric griddle for pancakes (so I can cook 6 at a time).  For this recipe I set my temperature to about 325.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails