September 10, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Well I figure it's high time I share this favorite go-to dessert of mine.  It's quick to make and oh-so-good (good enough to eat a whole row before you've realized it).  Think Paradise Bakery cookies... think tastes-as-good-as-the-dough.  Yum.  This is my most-used recipe... honestly.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
1 c butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 c flour
1 (11-oz) bag chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Combine dry ingredients and add gradually.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Spread into greased 9x13 pan (I use glass, but metal works too).  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown.  Cool and cut into squares.  Or if you're like me and can't wait for it to cool completely, just give it a few minutes so the chocolate doesn't scorch your tastebuds.

Maybe you've noticed we've posted several recipes for bars -
probably because I'm lazy they're quicker to make...
like these
or these uber-delicious
BTW, did you know you can type "bars" in our search box? (see left side bar) No, you won't get a listing of the local bars in Salt Lake (I'm sure there are a few), you'll get a bunch of delicious recipes! (you should really try it - we've got some great ones here, folks... just sayin')

3 comments:

Crafty Sisters said...

Mmmmmm, I think I'm going to try these tonight! Thanks for another recipe.

hillary said...

Yum! I made these to send to the grandparents and I love them. The recipe was so easy. It is my new "go to" cookies recipe. Thanks for sharing.

ificould said...

So glad you liked them... I just made them again this week. These seriously don't last more than a day at my house, but I saved a couple & put them in the kids' lunches the next day - they were so excited! Truly one of their favorites (mine too)!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails