September 21, 2010

I Spy Bags

Loving this easy-to-follow tutorial for I Spy Bags from Oopsey Daisy.  I want to make a couple so my boys can take turns with them at church.  She says that uses a little wonder under to help hold the vinyl in place while she sews it.  When I made my wet bag, the vinyl did stick to my presser foot and it was really hard to keep it in place.  A friend just gave me a tip for sewing with oil cloth that I bet would work with vinyl and that is to put a piece of blue painters tape on the bottom of your presser foot- she says it makes the presser foot glide right over the oil cloth.  When I give it a try, I'll be sure to update this post and let you know if it works!

Also, while you're over at Oopsey Daisy, you should download her ABC Sunday Book- very cute and the work is all done for you!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails