November 6, 2010

Christmas Advent Calendar

Now, now... stop over-reacting because of the title of this post.  No, I'm not trying to skip over Thanksgiving.  If you've seen our previous posts, you'll know we LOVE Thanksgiving around here and have plenty of projects to help us celebrate it.

THAT BEING SAID...

This Christmas Advent Calendar is so adorable, but probably time-consuming to make.  And since an advent calendar needs to be ready by December 1, it's not too early to start making this.  I would normally be overwhelmed by this type of project, but lucky for me, Homemade by Jill has broken this project down into 4 weekly assignments... now it doesn't seem too bad, right?

So here's a picture of the advent calendar at inchmark journal that has insired Jill...
If you want to make a similar one, click HERE to get this week's assignment from Homemade by Jill so you can get started on your own Christmas Advent Calendar!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh super yay. i've been looking at advent calendars to make!! my little girl will be so excited! thanks for posting and i love your site.

ificould said...

Just a tip. I've been trying to find wool felt and I've heard that Pipers (in SLC) has a good selection- pricey, but you're not having to purchase too much for the advent calendar.

ificould said...

If you want to order online, fabric.com has a GREAT price on non-wool felt (made from post-consumer recycled plastic bottles)... beautiful colors, too!

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=fe6a3bc2-9be2-4254-b19e-48f0247ce848

Angela@the crazyness that is me said...

I have started my one too although I am short on felt so I have down about 16 squares and 8 little decorations to go in it. Need to head to the craft store tomorrow for more supplies! Oh and I just jumped aboard your blog train so HI!! From New Zealand! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails