January 20, 2011

Ruffled Skirt Tutorial

I have a couple of nieces with birthdays in January and one coming up in May, so I've been busy sewing a few skirts.  For one January birthday I used this Ruffled Skirt Tutorial from Grand Revival Designs.  LOVE this skirt- whipped up fairly quickly and looks darling.  She says in her tutorial that the size is for a 5 or 6 year old, but I used her sizes and it fits my average-sized 4-year old niece perfectly (perhaps I like skirts a little longer than some people).

For the other two birthdays I used tutorials we've featured before.  The Tiered Skirtit turned out darling and did not take that long.  Definitely a project for any beginner (which I am).  I also made the Sidney Skirt.  The fanciest looking of the 3, the most difficult, but doable even for me. 

If you're looking for some good tutorials for some cute skirts- give any of these 3 a try.  If you're planning on making a lot of skirts (or even just one of each of these), I would recommend investing in a ruffler foot for your sewing maching- it was a LOT of ruffles.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails