March 23, 2011

Market Skirt

I have a sweet friend who has loaned me a pair of maternity jeans to wear for the next few months; I was going to take a thank you card over to her today and decided it would be way more fun to include a little skirt for her baby girl with my thank you.  I have never made an infant-size skirt before, but thought I'd give it a go.  I used the Market Skirt Tutorial from Made, and used her sizing info to make a 3-6 month size skirt.  I loved this bright, yellow fabric I had in my stash because it screamed "Spring", and I think it would look so cute with white leggings and a bright pink cardigan.  Overall the skirt was pretty simple to make (I LOVE Made's tutorials) and I was able to whip it up rather quickly- definitely a fun project for anyone with a baby girl (which Dana gives measurements for any size you need, so even if you're baby girl is no longer a baby...).  Very fun project for the morning while my boys were busy with Legos.

1 comment:

K said...

i am famous!

and her chubby legs look adorable in it, now if it would just stay warm long enough for her to wear it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails