March 16, 2010

No Fail Banana Bread

So, I made this banana bread today.  The tutorial claims to be no fail.  This picture above is MY actual bread.  See how the top middle section is completely cooked, the crust looks crunchy, and the middle is (take my word for it) moist and delicious?  Pretty much no fail- until this happens...
So the directions say to remove the pan from the oven and turn the loaf out onto a cooling rack to cool.  The tutorial author also recommends lining your pan with parchment paper.  Well, I didn't have any parchment paper but I greased extremely well like the recipe says.  Just before I turn my loaf over I think "that's funny.  Usually with cakes and breads I let them cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before I turn out onto a rack."  Thinking what do I know, I turn over my bread pan and that (see picture above) happens. 
Two things:  #1: I will definitely make this recipe again.  Although we ate it in chunks rather than slices, it was delicious banana bread and it was completely cooked all through.
#2:  Next time I'm going to let the bread cool in the pan for about 5-10 minutes before I try turning it on a cooling rack.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails